Saturday, July 3, 2010

Clapton Concert Cincinnati

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind...


I am still singing it...we saw Clapton and Roger Daltrey last Wednesday night at "Riverbend Music Center" Cincinnati, Ohio!
Clapton is my all time favorite...Daltrey came out first, with the Who classics: "I Can See For Miles," "The Real Me" and "Behind Blue Eyes". In a dedication to victims of the BP oil spill, he sang Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Born on the Bayou".
He did not leave out his classic "microphone swings" when he performed, "Who Are You".

"Baba O'Riley," was great also!

Clapton walked out on stage with his gorgeous baby blue and white guitar...he played pretty much non stop, with just a pause between songs including these:

"Key to the Highway", "Tell the Truth", "I Shot the Sheriff", "Before You Accuse Me", "You are Wonderful Tonight", "Rock and Roll Heart", mid-show- an acoustic set that featured "Layla" and "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out", and on through the set-closing, encore "Crossroads".
Playing "Layla"


Both Daltrey and Clapton gave great non stop performances...

No comments:

Post a Comment